Bula's 12 weeks of hell (Contest Prep time)

only calves and abs done twice weekly. Everything else is spread out once a week. Quads are the only muscle group with its own day (Monday) after the sunday day off.

Now 10.5 weeks out. Diet going well. Cheat meals are perfectly timed as I get drained after about 3 days. Still doing cardio every morning - only 30 minutes. Target is about 2.5 lbs weight loss weekly. I've dialed down the thermos - only 1 a day now. Even keeping my calories up, I am getting flatter with the lower clean carbs, but i'm also dropping water nicely.

Gotta lose it Ssssslllllllllllooooooooowwwwww. Time is my friend now.

Photos from today.

Cheers.

phhhh...if you can keep this updated weekly this is going to be one awesome thread!
Cant wait to see the back peeled!!!

Keep on truckin

outlawtas2 said:
I feel you on that one...I get wiped just walking in to the gym, never mind actually hitting the weights.
i'm sorry but sugar is not needed for lifting heavy or intense.
i hardly eat any carbs (under 50 a day for most days) and lift for about an hr straight with 1 1/2-3min rest between sets, some times 0 rest. and i have no energy problems, because i eat enough fat to make up for the lack of carbs one would "NEED"to do such a thing.

other wise Bula your looking straight ripped.
good luck on the contest.

adidamps2 said:
i'm sorry but sugar is not needed for lifting heavy or intense.
i hardly eat any carbs (under 50 a day for most days) and lift for about an hr straight with 1 1/2-3min rest between sets, some times 0 rest. and i have no energy problems, because i eat enough fat to make up for the lack of carbs one would "NEED"to do such a thing.

other wise Bula your looking straight ripped.
good luck on the contest.

Youre right, you can still be intense and somewhat heavy on lower carbs, but not as intense or heavy as you would be with carbs I assure you. If your goal is to not gain muscle and stay lean as hell, then 50 carbs daily will do you fine - but be prepared to get catabolic dude. Fat intake does not increase glycogen stores in the muscle like carbs will - and that glycogen is key to your ability to consistently push heavier and heavier weights each and every week (the key to stimulating growth). You may be able to hit the gym as intense as you say, but I assure you that if ANY growth is your goal, you are not growing as much (if at all) as you could be without more carbs.

Cheers.

bula said:
Youre right, you can still be intense and somewhat heavy on lower carbs, but not as intense or heavy as you would be with carbs I assure you. If your goal is to not gain muscle and stay lean as hell, then 50 carbs daily will do you fine - but be prepared to get catabolic dude. Fat intake does not increase glycogen stores in the muscle like carbs will - and that glycogen is key to your ability to consistently push heavier and heavier weights each and every week (the key to stimulating growth). You may be able to hit the gym as intense as you say, but I assure you that if ANY growth is your goal, you are not growing as much (if at all) as you could be without more carbs.

Cheers.
Bula i dont want to high jack your thread and debate this here.
however, maybe i should add to this. on days i do train. i do take in apost work out shake loaded with carbs (even so i wont bust 120g on that day). (banana, blue berries/strawberries and honey) other wise i eat a super high fat diet. 60+% fat macro wise 190+grams a day. i also make sure to make my carb choices be either fruit or veggies, next to no starches for me.

adidamps2 said:
on days i do train. i do take in apost work out shake loaded with carbs (even so i wont bust 120g on that day). (banana, blue berries/strawberries and honey)

Ahhhh, couldnt imagine you walking let alone lifting on 50gs carbs daily every day. Still not near enough carbs to grow imo but if thats what works for you and your workout regimen, more power to ya.

bula said:
Ahhhh, couldnt imagine you walking let alone lifting on 50gs carbs daily every day. Still not near enough carbs to grow imo but if thats what works for you and your workout regimen, more power to ya.
and well end it here and lend things back over to how well your doing pre-contest. i must say your avatar picture looks crazy! good job so far Bula.

Yeah you gotta love the Av.

Couple q's for you Bula
Your tan in that av - what gave you it?
Your cheat meals - are they all out or somewhat controlled? When will drop it to 1/week and/or 0/week?
Also, as far as dropping water, what's helping you do that? Is it just naturally?

Last edited:
outlawtas2 said:
Yeah you gotta love the Av.

Couple q's for you Bula
Your tan in that av - what gave you it?
Your cheat meals - are they all out or somewhat controlled? When will drop it to 1/week and/or 0/week?
Also, as far as dropping water, what's helping you do that? Is it just naturally?

Tan was 4 coats protan only at that point.

All out cheats for one hour. Stomach is ripping when im done. I dropit to 1/week based on my look, but probably about 8 weeks out. Then one every 2 weeks about 4 weeks out.

Water is dropping now that i'm off creatine and eating basically no salt, no sugar, all clean. Cardio is helping too. I'm tanning on occasion as well which pulls water from the skin.

9.5 weeks out now. Feeling really flat but the skin is thinning out more and more. Down to 1 cheat meal a week and i'm lowering carbs to 120g on 3 days during the week. 200g carbs on the rest. I'm also adding wind sprints in addition to cardio to try and help cut up the upper quads which are my weakest link holding water and fat. All in all i'm happy with the progess but not satisfied. Perfectionists never are though. I still have a ways to go and the hardest part is still in front of me. I'm tired but still very focused.

Weight is 199lbs.

Photos below.
Bula

Last edited:
wow keep the pics coming.. its incredible the change you see in such little time. keep up the good work, looking AWESOME!

StylesB said:
wow keep the pics coming.. its incredible the change you see in such little time. keep up the good work, looking AWESOME!

And he's natural.

Who is that asian fellow taking the pics?

Back