Bula's 12 weeks of hell (Contest Prep time)

DirkMoneyshot said:
Congrats - Much better conditioning then the last show. Upper body is still a little dominant but i'm sure your already taking care of that. Again Congrats i can see you worked hard.

Oh and who called you out again?? :)

My lower will always be a laggard I agree but I think I got the most I could out of it this past year. It did improve quite a bit. And now that i'm hanging it up competitively, guess it will stay that way. Tampa was my last show.

Oh and I forgot about that "calling out" stuff. That brought a smile to my face. Funny how that all works out huh.

Take care.

No Time. Too many things going on in my life right now and to compete at a champion level, you really sacrifice A LOT. If I can't do it 110%, I can't be a champion. I can't settle for that. I'll still work out and diet but for now I will maintain what i've got and have a bit more fun eating and living life. I'll be back someday. But I got my title. The goal I set was attained and more. Time to focus on other things.

Bula

bula said:
No Time. Too many things going on in my life right now and to compete at a champion level, you really sacrifice A LOT. If I can't do it 110%, I can't be a champion. I can't settle for that. I'll still work out and diet but for now I will maintain what i've got and have a bit more fun eating and living life. I'll be back someday. But I got my title. The goal I set was attained and more. Time to focus on other things.

Bula

Good for you. Nice to see you have your priorities in order. Not many people understand the sacrifices you make when doing a show at 100%. 4 - 6 months of strict dieting means you miss out on a lot of "life". You definatley learn a lot when getting up on stage about yourself, but you also learn to charish the minutes you have with others afterwards.

Congrats Bula!! Not a bad thing that this is your last show. Its great going out on top!

Just reread this thread again for nostalgia sake. It brought back great memories. A recommendation for those who will compete for the first time - take it ALL in. Embrace every moment. The pain, the sweat and the rewards that follow. You only have a short window to do it - make it count!!

I miss competing darnit, but heck we all have priorities and 2007 was a bitch of a year. BUT I'll be back someday.

Bula

Back