Bula's 12 weeks of hell (Contest Prep time)

looking awesome man..your gonna kick some ass in the contest
Right now im around 8 weeks out and im at 209 8% BF and having trouble losing water off the obliques..any advice on how to help this?

deltaboy14 said:
looking awesome man..your gonna kick some ass in the contest
Right now im around 8 weeks out and im at 209 8% BF and having trouble losing water off the obliques..any advice on how to help this?

Losing water? The ideas I have are simply cutting down all sodium intake, eat nothing but clean foods (nothing canned, no preservatives, and meats ONLY from butchers NOT grocery stores which use salt water packing), drinking 2 gals water daily, no alcohol, hit the cardio and start tanning (pulls water out of the skin).

After that, just give it time. The watery skin will thin out.

GL,Bula

ok man thanks alot ill start making some adjustments with the meat i have been eating and cut down on sodium intake

8 weeks out and feeling weaker by the day. Every week my carbs are adjusted lower and earlier and my morning cardio is going up. I'm struggling to get through my 1 hour workouts at night. But this is typical. I think the plateau I had the last 2 weeks not losing weight is about done. I'm starting to drop pounds again which is good. My weight is about 196 now.

Here's some photos from today. They are a bit blurry due to some messed up camera settings but show enough to post.

Cheers,
Bula

Last edited:
Maybe I missed it, but what show?? From the timing I would say Jr Nats?? Im going as well as my wife will be going for a pro card in Figure. She won the Southern States overall last year.
You look incredible and I cant imagine how you pack so much muscle and density and weigh so little!!! Very impressive. That looks like the cardio room in the Golds in Tampa. I used to train there.

Thompson31580 said:
Maybe I missed it, but what show?? From the timing I would say Jr Nats?? Im going as well as my wife will be going for a pro card in Figure. She won the Southern States overall last year.
You look incredible and I cant imagine how you pack so much muscle and density and weigh so little!!! Very impressive. That looks like the cardio room in the Golds in Tampa. I used to train there.

Jr Nats??? No sorry - not in that league i'm afraid. I'm doing the TB Classic here in June.

Thompson31580 said:
You look incredible and I cant imagine how you pack so much muscle and density and weigh so little!!! .

That there is muscle maturity. Something you can only get from lots years of hard work.

7 weeks out now and feeling good. Weight holding 196 but skin is starting to thin out more. Legs are finally showing signs of coming in as more detail is starting to pop. I'm upping cardio now, adding 30 min more at night. Carbs lowering again this week - all eaten in the morning. Still have my weekly cheats to keep the metabolism popping and to help the muscles when I go flat.

Crunch time boys and girls. 7 weeks to go.

Bula

IMO you are ahead of schedule . you compitition right now at 7 weeks out is where you were in week 9....is it nessary to change the diet and program so soon ? i thought time is your friend now. I understand change is good but if its not broke dont fix it. your already dialing in and you adding more cardio. im just saying your changes come very fast for you and most people who start this journey need 12 weeks or more and have bulked 30 or 40 lbs over. you are not the case here so 12 weeks by the book dosent really apply to you but you had to start somewhere right . i would'nt start doubleing up on cardio yet and as for the cheat meal i would keep that there almost to the end and try to avoid peaking 2 -3 weeks out and going to the show soft . your at that point where your going to loose size, even more so in your case cause your not running gear .. i just think you could do this in 10 weeks being that you stay consistant all year round and come in to a comp fuller and still cut to the bones. and winning the whole damn thing.....

Last edited:
bula said:
Jr Nats??? No sorry - not in that league i'm afraid. I'm doing the TB Classic here in June.
I've always been impressed with the talent that shows up there. My wife is a guest poser there this year so I'll see you there!

lilsj said:
IMO you are ahead of schedule . you compitition right now at 7 weeks out is where you were in week 9....is it nessary to change the diet and program so soon ? i thought time is your friend now. I understand change is good but if its not broke dont fix it. your already dialing in and you adding more cardio. im just saying your changes come very fast for you and most people who start this journey need 12 weeks or more and have bulked 30 or 40 lbs over. you are not the case here so 12 weeks by the book dosent really apply to you but you had to start somewhere right . i would'nt start doubleing up on cardio yet and as for the cheat meal i would keep that there almost to the end and try to avoid peaking 2 -3 weeks out and going to the show soft . your at that point where your going to loose size, even more so in your case cause your not running gear .. i just think you could do this in 10 weeks being that you stay consistant all year round and come in to a comp fuller and still cut to the bones. and winning the whole damn thing.....

Thanks for your feedback. A couple of things regarding your comments. First, i'm still 20 lbs over competing (weigh in) weight at 7 weeks out and losing very slowly so far. Second, i'm keeping regular cheat meals. The cardio is very moderate and is more about dicing the upper quads than anything. And my changes "are" by the book. Each week will get "slightly" more aggressive with carb depletion and cardio. So far, if anything, I think my coach has kept things too conservative. But so far so good. And I dont mind losing a little muscle if the shape, balance and conditioning is spot on.

musclehouse said:
Traps and lower body need some improvements. Other then that you look excellent.

Agree about lower body which has always lagged. Its getting there. Smaller traps are intentional. I follow Zanes belief that dominant traps yield smaller delt appearance. So although I train them hard, I never go ballistic on them.

Assessed today. No changes in the protocol. Morning cardio 45 min, evening 30 min and wind sprints as well 3 times weekly. Carbs fluctuating on different days but usually about 110g total all in the 3 meals prior to noon. Coach is elated with the progress. Keeping size and thinning the skin nicely. I feel weaker by the week but the look is getting better and better. Weight is holding 194.

Only 6 weeks and 3 days to go.

Sorry guys no photos this week.
Bula

5.5 weeks out. 191 lbs. Last real cheat meal today. Legs are still behind where I want them. Cardio now upped to 45 morning 45 night. Workout split is unchanged. I've added heavy lunges to the beginning of all quad days. No more oats or potatoes. Limited farina and rice from here out. Getting more aggressive on thermos too. My mood is about to SEVERELY change. :)

Have a good one all.
Bula

Back