Food Weaknesses

I love salads, but I think this thread is looking for non-healthy weaknesses, so....

Chocolate cake, Italian food, and martini's.

The chocolate cakes must be very moist ones, with the really good melt in your mouth dark chocolate frosting made with lots of butter and cocoa, with layers of chocolate mousse inbetween. Grrrrrr...I used to make this stuff from scratch years ago, and fairly often. Cakes are now only allowed in my home on birthdays and holidays, and then the left overs are always given to friends and neighbors. I can not resist quality cakes. Second favorite cake is Cassada cake...it's an italian cake with layered with canolli filling and soaked with some rum.

Italian foods...veal picatta, or any chicken or veal with a butter and wine sauce, add in marinated artichokes, mushrooms, etc., homemade lassagna with tons of cheese. I used to cook like this all the time and it had to be served with a nice fresh loaf of semolina bread. Hmmm...no wonder I was 200 lbs, huh? LOL

Any vodka martini will due, but I like the funky ones that will mix in some good liquors, like Godiva chocolate liquor. But, my favorite is a raspberry martini. Yummmmmmmmmm!

I have one cheat night a week at our favorite Italian restaurant with my hubby and daughter, but we're usually not that bad, I don't even order desert. I inbetween courses I take a walk with my daughter to the "Sugar Shack" which is a little home made candy shop run by two old ladies, it's a few stores down from where we eat dinner and she picks out her treat for after dinner...last week it was fudge.

Then once or twice a month my g/f and I try out a new resteraunt...we eat fairly clean meals since she's nearly vegetarian and she trains as well, but we certainly induldge in the martini's together. The martini menu is almost as important as the food on these nights. LOL

Fyre said:
Chili pepper and/or Hot foods are good for us are they not?
I love Tabasco on my eggs in the morning and I also add it to my tuna. Actually, I add Lousiana Hot Sauce to my tuna...mmmm....yummy!!!

I love hot, spicy food; I love Jalapenos and always add salsa or something to my food...

You guys are making me hungry! My sister made this AWESOME carrot cake with cream cheese frosting on Easter, I had two pieces!
I am also a sucker for Hooter's buffalo hot wings and these nachos I get from this greasy hole-in-the-wall near my house. I'm with Nicole with the stuffed crust pepperoni pizza from Pizza Hut. Oh, and I almost forgot about lasagna! :D

supergirl said:
that is why it is time to kick our guys to the damn curb!!! hahahhahaa... NO MORE JUNK FOOD!!! :chainsaw:

Yeah, I always feel like an ass when my dieting is over and I have to be hard on her. It would be very easy for a little one like her to gain 20+lbs along with me considering I go from under 20g of carbs to over 500g in a matter of weeks. My body doesnt react in a very negative way but I assure hers would....Maybe I should get up and grab that soft, wet piece of cardboard on the side of the road so UI have a pillow tonight. :D

My biggest downfalls and pizza and ice cream. The easiest way for me to stay out of that sort of thing is to not keep it around my house. I always get junk food/carby stuff for my bf that he loves but I won't even be tempted to eat. He doesn't eat the way that I do and I don't think it's fair to impose chicken breasts, protein powder, and veggies on him. lol So I get hi doritos and little debbie stuff etc.

My appetite is off the hook tonight!!! I have to be good because I'm having a "visitor" come see me in July!!!

phoenixphyre said:
My appetite is off the hook tonight!!! I have to be good because I'm having a "visitor" come see me in July!!!

hahaha I get a vistor every month as long as Im not on anavar HAHAH

Nicole said:
hahaha I get a vistor every month as long as Im not on anavar HAHAH

lmao!! The "visitor" I was talking about was Stang!! My appetite is off the hook right now because I'm in the early stages of my PMS mode...I'm cycling some Fina right now, so I don't know if I'll have "THAT visitor"!

...or as I sometimes refer to as, "a visit from my big sister"

i would have to say oreo cookies. i hate those damn things once i have one it's all over from there. im like a dog ill eat them until im sick.

i know this could easily be solved by not having them around in my house. but one problem i have a 2 year old son who loves them.

luckly i dont crave them very often but when i do you can find me laying on the floor in the kitchen with an empty package and cookie crumbs all over me. crying because i have a belly ache. LOL

phoenixphyre said:
lmao!! The "visitor" I was talking about was Stang!! My appetite is off the hook right now because I'm in the early stages of my PMS mode...I'm cycling some Fina right now, so I don't know if I'll have "THAT visitor"!

...or as I sometimes refer to as, "a visit from my big sister"

oh, another visit from Stang!!!! :69: :bj: :doggy:
lucky girl!:p

Dare I?

This recipe works if you MUST cheat once in awhile....

Lower- Fat Pumpkin Cheesecake:

1 1/2 C. Low Fat Gingersnaps- crushed
1/2 C. Chopped Pecans
1/3 C. Parkay Marg.

2 8 oz. Fat Free Cream Cheese
3/4 C. Sugar
1 t. Vanilla
3 Eggs
1 C. Canned Pumpkin
3/4 t. cinnamon
1/4 t. Ground Nutmeg

Combine Ginger snaps, pecans and butter onto botton of 9 inch spring form pan. Bake 350 degrees - 10 mins.

Combine cream cheese, 1/2 sugar and vanilla. Mix at med. speed. Add egss- one at a time wuntil mixed WELL. Reserve 1 1/2 cup of mixture. Add remaining sugar , pumpkin, spices into remianing batter. Alternately layer pumpkin mixture and other "white" batter over crust. Cut thru the mixture with a knife to swirl for marble effect.
Bake 350 for 55 minutes- COOL!

I kinda trick myself into thinking this version is a bit better than the org. cheesecake. Nice cheat once in awhile!

I Love Chipotle ...and pasta I would have to say is def. my biggest downfall. I'm not to into sweets...unless they are on someone, ha ha.

I love Guacamole! Mexican food is my favorite thing in the whole world! Hot sauce and chips! I also have a huge weakness for cajun food. Fried crawfish and alligator!

Back