Pound for Pound - Who's got the best bench?

dirty-dog said:
5'10 245lbs ----> 405 x 6-7

havn't 1 repped max in a long time.

What are you using? Whatever it is I need to get some.

What are you using? Whatever it is I need to get some

Celltech!.......................Just F'ing with ya!

My last cycle was something like this:
D-bombs 50mg/ed (wks 1-4)
Test Cyp 600mg/wk (wks 1-10)
Test Prop 100mg/eod (wks 6-10)
Fina 85mg/ed (wks 1-10)
Winny 50mg/ed (wks 4-10)

4 plates on the hammer strength machine per side for 16 reps.I do not flat bench anymore ,I have never tried for a max poundage.
Stats 5-9 205lbs
Does this count:D

Last semester I was 5'10" 220lbs and maxed at 405, but I took a break over christmas now I am back down to about 1x350 or so

Juice Authority said:
It has to be a "controlled" lift with your ass planted firmed on the bench - no arching the back either.
im confused as to why your back cannot be arched, as long as your ass and shoulders are planted, its 100% legal. anyways, theres a guy named August Clark who trains at my gym, he weighs in at 132 (competition) and benched like 455 with a shirt, hes like 5'4", the other day he got the 200lb dumbells up for 2 reps, raw

Last edited:
Re: Re: Pound for Pound - Who's got the best bench?

grafix-gnc said:
im confused as to why your back cannot be arched, as long as your ass and shoulders are planted, its 10% legal. anyways, theres a guy named August Clark who trains at my gym, he weighs in at 132 (competition) and benched like 455 with a shirt, hes like 5'4", the other day he got the 200lb dumbells up for 2 reps, raw

Most people press more on a decline than they do a bench - better leverage that way. When you arch your back you're basically doing a decline press. It's cheating. That's why they call it a flat bench.

i doubt you will get a lot of honest answers here, lets face it, not many can and will prove their answers. i know im not the best.....i dont max out on bench anymore, but at my best when i was still playing ball i was 280 lbs pushin 485lbs (rep max of course) dont expect anyone to believe me, but take it as you will

Sensei- I believe you!! The only reason people wouldn't believe you is if they've never seen that much weight pushed!!............I don't FLAT bench because I tore my pec last summer doing reps with 405#. Incline press- wednesday I did 405X4 then 455X1-incline. I weigh around 250(leaning up).

bigpresser said:
Sensei- I believe you!! The only reason people wouldn't believe you is if they've never seen that much weight pushed!!............I don't FLAT bench because I tore my pec last summer doing reps with 405#. Incline press- wednesday I did 405X4 then 455X1-incline. I weigh around 250(leaning up).

damnm brother, thats a good lift.....there are a handful of folks i do believe, you being one. i really dont see the need for bench pressing anymore. it doesnt do much for my chest growth, incline does more...im not powerlifting or playing ball anymore. seems to me the amount you bench is just something for folks to brag about anymore, even though it means jack squat. im sure with your size like me you get asked all the fucking time what you bench...ijust tell them 200 lbs anymore. be cool

~RCK~ said:
i compete in the bench and have done 425 @ 181 ........

How short are your arms? This seems a bit unrealistic.

that is not unrealistic. he is a powerlifter. the back is arched (which, again, is perfectly legal and considered a bench press, theres more to strength than just contraction power, flexibility and agility are two other components of strength) i know powerlifters that move more weight than that at his weight (not taking away from you ~RCK~, thats still a good press

grafix-gnc said:
that is not unrealistic. he is a powerlifter. the back is arched (which, again, is perfectly legal and considered a bench press, theres more to strength than just contraction power, flexibility and agility are two other components of strength) i know powerlifters that move more weight than that at his weight (not taking away from you ~RCK~, thats still a good press

I stand corrected and amazed. That's incredible. I'm 40 pounds heavier and train hard on the bench. I've never been able to push weight like that especially weighing only 181 but i'm sure it's possible.

you also have to remember, he said he did that once, most likely at a meet, where he was most likely wearing a bench shirt, which helps out a lot, im sure he has never done 405 raw, but its very possible

I weighed in at 210 on this monday and pressed 405 3 times. That was the first time I tried 405 w/o a shirt. Also on 750mg test a week as well as 40mg of d-ball, fixing to add in some fina. Comp is coming up May 31st so I will begn dieting in three weeks!!

Warmachine said:
how do you guys get so strong? im genuinely curious.
seriously,do you bench like 50lbs more per cycle or what?

On my first cycle, 250mg Ttokkyo Sustanon (sust), I put on about 80 pounds on my bench. Part of that though was changing my bench style, instead of laying on the bench like a dead fish, which killed my back and my shoulders. I'm 6'2" and am not one of the stronger people here, I can do 265 for a solid 10 reps, and about 345.

I'm on week 4 of my cycle now and am JUST getting back to the same strength I was before quitting the last one, so just about now everything is starting to kick in noticeably.

Sensei Miagi said:
nobody on this board presses less than 400?

Miagi, there are a couple others in the thread besides myself, I think I saw a 275x2 ? Bench was never my strong point, for you to bench what you do at 6'4"(?) is impressive, but your also a LOT bigger than me :)

I should also add I've been training "heavy" since last May, so by the time I did my first cycle I think around late June, that really helped kick things off for me.

Back