Pound for Pound - Who's got the best bench?

If you have no lift off get as far under the bar as you can.

Advantages, you can bench wicked low with it, if you like that (which works well for me). Disadvantage, well its very tricep heavy, so for me I lift about 90% of my flat bench only.

last comp i was at 430 at 219..right now, same press at 205..need to get to 5 bills at this weight...that would be sweet....but, i dont see it physically possible without putting on more mass...and yes i am going to gear it up to get there..i just happen to be able to maintain a lot of my strength and stay at a leaner weight..maybe 5 bills at 220..that would be fine..

E

pullinbig said:
no suicide grip in apf or apa. i dont think apf/wpo alows reverse grip. I'll look it up.
scott taylor , the president of apa emailed me back yesterday and said the didnt encourage reverse or thumbless grip but they allowed them and ive personnally seen reverse grip used in apf meets :D

DADAWG said:
scott taylor , the president of apa emailed me back yesterday and said the didnt encourage reverse or thumbless grip but they allowed them and ive personnally seen reverse grip used in apf meets :D

okie dokie big guy. i know scott he is an alright guy in my book. a lot of guys dont like him but thats them.

just looked at the rule books and apf does allow reverse grip and apa doesnt specify so i gotta take you word on that one. :D apf didnt say thumbless is allowed or not

Last edited:
my bench is kinda weak

for my size

ive been training a year
and i can do 8 reps with 220

im 5ft9 and 240

who me? =0) no i was just curious as to why 220 instead of 225. you know how inquisitive i am 70w30. thought maybe he was using kilos or sumpin.

220, very odd number for the gym. lololololololol

I will use odball numbers if I expect that given the number of reps, I'd be 100% intensity at that last rep, versus an easy last rep with a heavier wait and ending up needing a spot or something if I tried to go for another. Or if I want that forced rep, then I will use an even number (plate wise).

some guy told me in the gym though

if you add 5 lbs to your bench
every week or 2 your gains could be huge pretty quickly

5lbs eow is 130lbs a year. very nice gains. thats more than 99% of the gym rats are getting due mainly to poor training. this is just in the first year or 2 anyway. after a few years of GOOD training 130bs a year is rare.

5 pounds a week for me would be nice on juice. Right now finishing off the very last little bit of drol I am doing about 10 a week, but my back numbers went way up after losing some strength after coming off last time. I'll be doing my first 4 plate press come tuesday ;)

I've done 3 weeks worth of 1 gram test and 800 EQ shots, never used EQ previously so I dont know how much it might be helping.

With reps 8 and above I found that my strength moved at a snails pace. I used to start my opening sets aiming for 10 reps, dont do that any longer at all.

Last edited:
the eq takes about 5 weeks to kick in good. the eq will give you nice strength gains after it hits. you'll like it. 800mg/w is nt a bad dose either. that'll work. i woudnt go below that esp for a guy you size. give it a couple more weeks unless you outa A bombs.

you know as long as i been juicing i have never done dbol, anadrol or halo. i may take a walk on the wild side when i put my next powder order in. what ya think poopyshoot?

pullinbig said:
the eq takes about 5 weeks to kick in good. the eq will give you nice strength gains after it hits. you'll like it. 800mg/w is nt a bad dose either. that'll work. i woudnt go below that esp for a guy you size. give it a couple more weeks unless you outa A bombs.

you know as long as i been juicing i have never done dbol, anadrol or halo. i may take a walk on the wild side when i put my next powder order in. what ya think poopyshoot?

LMAO at PB.

You know, I don't have nearly the experience as you, but I just realized that DBOL, although effective, is no loner for me. My BP goes through the roof with it. So, I am strictly going with Test/Tren/EQ from now on. That's if I like the Tren which I think I will.

pullinbig said:
what ya think poopyshoot?

:laugh4: I love dbol, not as good for strength as drol but a lot cheaper and easier on my BP. I haven't tried "high" dose dbol though so maybe I will give that a shot sometime, I haven't really run over 35mg ever.

RJH, either you will love tren or hate it, I dont think there is an inbetween with tren.

Mudge said:
:laugh4: I love dbol, not as good for strength as drol but a lot cheaper and easier on my BP. I haven't tried "high" dose dbol though so maybe I will give that a shot sometime, I haven't really run over 35mg ever.

RJH, either you will love tren or hate it, I dont think there is an inbetween with tren.

at high doses tren is a love/hate relationship. incredible results with no food or sleep. :D

Back