updated diet pics....4 weeks out

Insane_Man said:
Looking great man.

If I had to pick a weak point though I would say calves. I know they can be a real bitch and it tends to be one of those things that either you have or you dont.

I thought the same thing. The only weak point (if there was to be one at all) would be that. Front shot I think they look good, but back shot is the only spot they're weak, once again weak really isnt the word. But then again thats because your upper legs are so fuckin big NS.

I gotta say it was nuts watching you go from the first set of pics to this. damn

thanks guys
calves are definitely weak, sucks too as I have been hammering them 2x weekly for 2 years, with drop sets, supersets, crazy intensity, and the bastards dont wanna grow

As for the hairtransplant, if I had the cash, I would think about it someday, but right now there is enough left that it doesnt look bad shaved

lookin good as always. You doin delt shots? If so ya might want to stop a week before the show. The 4th pic....the one from the side, I can see a bubble that looks like it's from a shot. Good luck.

I am doing delt shots, and that is from a shot almost 2 weeks before, with a 1 1/2" pin(thats all I had), so I'll have to stop probably 2 weeks out

Looking great bro! Agree with you about the abs, theyre great + once the water is gone theyll look sick. As you said a little more back and maybe rear delts (could be the pics). Keep it up and i wish you the best of luck at the show!

ROAD DOG said:
Will your trainer have you stop lifting weights once you get so close to the competition,just curious.

nope, she does this weird overtraining thing, 2x daily, massive amount of sets till wed, thurs off, then fri fat loading

needsize said:
I wish...those dudes are jacked..... :)
Maybe after the competiton they will offer you lots of money to go on t.v. and tell everyone you built your body up by using the bowflex 3 times a week for 10 weeks. :)

ROAD DOG said:
Maybe after the competiton they will offer you lots of money to go on t.v. and tell everyone you built your body up by using the bowflex 3 times a week for 10 weeks. :)

one can dream.....

needsize said:
one can dream.....

Needsize, have you ever tried doing Rack Chins?

IMO it is probably the best exercise for back width.

Doggcrapp said:
Just a lil help for anyone doing this

how i do them-
a)widest grip possible
b)set the bar at a point where at your full hang your hips are well below your feet--that doesnt mean having your ass hit the ground.
c)put your feet up on a flat bench and cross them at the ankles so you dont have any urge to use your hamstrings or legs to help you get up (some people have low flat benches in their gym, my flat benches have always been pretty high)--as long as at the top of your pull (chin over bar) your hips are even or lower than your feet you should be good to go
d)keep your knees slightly bent thruout most of the exercise except (read below)
e)at your dead hang straighten your (crossovered) legs, arch your back and pull up to the chin bar (why legs straightened? So you cant bend them and help yourself up with your hamstrings or turn it into a upside down bent over row)---so knowing this make sure you have the bench placed at the proper distance away from you---we dont want an upside down bent over row as stated
f)on your descent, put the slight bend back in your legs, flatten your back and most importantly flare your lats out all the way to the very bottom--(trying to get a very big stretch before you straighten your legs, arch your back and pull up to the chin bar again)---if your sitting at your computer right now--do a front double bicep--then move your elbows slightly forward and try to flare/push your lats out as far as you can--see that? thats what its supposed to feel like on the way down
f)use wrist straps
g)when your partner puts weight in your lap--a fixed barbell (like most gyms have for curling) placed evenly weightwise across the pelvic bend works best in my opinion

Massive G said:
ok here is the explanation for rack chins---please disregard the capital letters, im cut and pasting this from one of the workouts I wrote up for a trainee of mine and i talk in caps in those workout writeups:
FIND THE WIDEST SMYTHE MACHINE YOU CAN (OR BARBELL IN A SQUAT RACK) AND PUT A BENCH 3 FEET OUT IN FRONT OF IT--PUT THE BAR ABOUT SHOULDER HEIGHT--USE WRIST STRAPS TO STRAP UP AND PUT YOUR GRIP AS WIDE AS COMFORTABLY POSSIBLE--PUT YOUR HEELS UP ON THE BENCH BUT CROSS YOUR LEGS TO TAKE THEM OUT OF THE MOVEMENT--I DONT WANT YOU TRYING TO USE YOUR HAMSTRINGS TO HELP  COMPLETE THE MOVEMENT-YOUR LEGS SHOULD ALMOST BE STRAIGHT-YOUR ASS SHOULD BE SOMEWHAT NEAR THE GROUND IN THE FULL HANG POSITION AND YOU SHOULD BE SHAPED SOMEWHAT LIKE THE LETTER "L"---NOW CHIN UP EXPLOSIVELY TO THE BAR AND THEN TAKE 4-7 SECONDS DOWN TILL THE FULL STRETCH ---AT THE VERY BOTTOM OF THE CHIN FLARE OUT YOUR LATS AND ALMOST HYPEREXTEND YOUR SHOULDERS UPWARD AND THEN START YOUR CHIN UPWARD AGAIN-ANY REP THAT YOUR CHIN DOESNT EITHER GO OVER THE BAR OF HIT THE BAR DOESNT COUNT!!!--DO ONE WARMUP SET AND THEN HAVE SOMEONE PUT A FIXED PLATE BARBELL (LIKE USED FOR BARBELL CURLS) IN YOUR LAP AND DO A REST PAUSE SET--EXAMPLE 50LB BARBELL IN YOUR LAP TO FAILURE AND ON EVERY REST PAUSE THE SPOTTER GRABS THE BARBELL OFF OF THE CHINNERS LAP AND THE CHINNER STANDS UP AND COUNTS HIS 15 DEEP BREATHES (AND HE STAYS STRAPPED UP TO BAR)---THEN THE CHINNER THEN GETS BACK INTO POSITION AFTER 15 DEEP BREATHES AND THE SPOTTER PUTS THE BARBELL BACK ON THE CHINNERS LAP AND HE CONTINUES ETC ETC THRUOUT THE REST PAUSE SET----------I WANT ONE WARMUP STRAIGHT SET WITH NO ADDED WEIGHT DONE FOR 10-12 REPS AND THEN ONE ALL OUT REST PAUSE SET FOR 15 TO 20 REPS WITH ADDED WEIGHT -THEN 5-10 SHORT RANGE STATIC REPS OR A STATIC HOLD AT THE END----THESE ARE GOING TO BE EXCRUCIATING AND TOMMORROW YOUR LATS ARE GOING TO BE DESTROYED ----THIS EXERCISE IS MY LAT WIDTH PRONTO EXERCISE---WORK THIS HARD! EVERYONE HATES THIS EXERCISE AT FIRST AND THEN THOSE WHO STICK WITH IT BUILD INCREDIBLY WIDE BACKS. IVE NEVER SEEN ANYONE FAIL TO BUILD HUGE WIDE LATS DOING THIS EXERCISE ROUTINELY.
YOU CAN RIG THIS UP WHERE YOU DONT NEED A SPOTTER--IVE DONE THIS BEFORE BY PUTTING MY WEIGHT BELT REALLY LOOSE AROUND ME AND PUTTING A 35LB PLATE DOWN THE BACK-OR PUT YOUR WEIGHT BELT ON AND HANG A DUMBELL FROM THE BACK OF IT WITH A SHORT CHAIN--OR YOU CAN DO IT WITH A WEIGHTED BACKPACK OR YOU CAN RIG UP SOME BENCHES WHERE YOU CAN GET THAT BARBELL OFF YOUR LAP BUT ITS MUCH MUCH MUCH EASIER IF YOU CAN GET SOMEONE TO HELP YOU FOR THE ONE WORKING REST PAUSE SET.  -- I WANT YOU TO REALLY PUSH THE STRETCH DOWN THE BOTTOM AND THEN TRY TO EXPLODE UP TO THE BAR ON EVERY REP. DOWN THE BOTTOM OF THE REP LEAN BACK SLIGHTLY AND FLARE YOUR LATS OUT AND PUSH THE STRETCH.  A GOOD REST PAUSE SET FOR RACK CHINS WOULD BE 15-20 REPS REST PAUSED SOMETHING LIKE 50LBS X 9 + 5 + 3=17RP SET--WHAT THAT MEANS IS YOU WENT TO FAILURE (9 REPS) STOOD UP AND TOOK 15 DEEP BREATHES--WENT TO FAILURE AGAIN (5 REPS) 15 DEEP BREATHES AND THEN FAILURE AGAIN (3 REPS) FOLLOWED BY STATICS OR A STATIC HOLD AT THE BOTTOM STRETCH POSITION. THE PEOPLE THAT CAN HOLD THAT BOTTOM STRETCH POSITION FOR 20 SECONDS AT THE END OF THAT SET ARE WHAT SEPARATES THE HARDCORES FROM THE CANDYASSES.

You can do rack chins to the front or rack chins to the back but very importantly when you do rack chins to the back you only pull up till the top of the back of the head, no lower ever! I dont let my guys go below mid ear level on behind the neck shoulder presses and its the same with behind the neck chins or pulldowns--no lower than the top of the back of the head--there will be no rotator cuff injuries here

Last edited:
Easto said:
Needsize, have you ever tried doing Rack Chins?

IMO it is probably the best exercise for back width.

nope, never tried that
sounds good, but when I go back to bulking, it'll be the gospel according to binetti, I am really excited about actually having a trainer in the offseason, never mind one of that calibre

Back