cutting from 300!!

i done a continious bulk from 160lbs to 300 lbs in 2yrs, when i got to about 250, i got the opportunity to compete in strongman contests so i bulked to 300. it worked pretty well, i increased my deadlift from 330 to 570 in 2yrs. now im dieting, consuming roughly 300 grams protein, 150 carbs and 50 fat a day, iv been doing this for 3wks and iv lost about 10-12lbs and got stronger in the process.

gettinstrong said:
in the title it states "cutting from 300" then i said im 270 now and my goal is 220. doesnt this indicate to u that im in the process of dieting. oh and i wanted to add something to all u guys out there there that like to hide behind ur light bodyweight and use it as an excuse for ur lack of power. i can lift more now at 270 than i could at 300 and im positive ill be lifting even more when im 220 than now.
As for the bodyfat issue this is powerlifting/bodylifting cest la vie, its called bulking where u eat shit loads in the hope of gaining muscle, then u cut, try it.

Yeah I was born like 6lbs 9 oz, I've been bulking for about 28 years... I'm at 150 now. Gonna cut to like 120 maybe 110... I totaly agree I could only bench like 6lbs when I was 10 lbs, but I'm up to 185 now!!

Figure I'll be benchin about 315 when I get down to 110. I consider myself a power lifter also with all the fat I carry.

Last edited:
gettinstrong said:
i done a continious bulk from 160lbs to 300 lbs in 2yrs, when i got to about 250, i got the opportunity to compete in strongman contests so i bulked to 300. it worked pretty well, i increased my deadlift from 330 to 570 in 2yrs. now im dieting, consuming roughly 300 grams protein, 150 carbs and 50 fat a day, iv been doing this for 3wks and iv lost about 10-12lbs and got stronger in the process.

It's still not telling me anything great here man. Not trying to too my own horn, just trying to show you what a "better" diet and good training can do.

You are telling me you put on 140lbs to gain 240lbs on your deadlift in two years? I was able to gain almost 200lbs on my deadlift and only had to put on 20lbs to get it...that took me far less than two years too.

My point is, that much BF was not needed with correct diet and training.

:gives: Someone should introduce this moron to avigdor; they can have their own little bragging contest...post yer pics, bozos!

Thank you all very much for the great feedback, I see now I might have a thing or two to work on, but I am still the strongest kid in my grade 6 class.

Last edited by a moderator:
gettinstrong said:
Thank you all very much for the great feedback, I see now I might have a thing or two to work on, but I am still the strongest kid in my grade 6 class.

Classic.....grade 6, did you get left behind a time or two ??

thats pretty funny but wat happened to freedom of speech, isnt the usa the land of the free? i liked the genuine reply better, blunt and to the point.

gettinstrong said:
thats pretty funny but wat happened to freedom of speech, isnt the usa the land of the free? i liked the genuine reply better, blunt and to the point.

Yeah, but talk like what I edited will get you banned faster than you can type "BANNED", and I really don't want to do that, you are way too funny, and every board needs a good comedian.

cos theyre all haters, they move from thread to thread dissin peoples pics, people that arent 185lbs with "abs". ofcourse none of them hav pics to back theyre claims up.

Back