Angry Angry Angry

10/29/07

I actually didn't really want to train today and planning to just hang out and record stuff at the MMA gym, but so it goes, I did things.

first of all before the details: I told them about the challenge my dad issued and they all said the same thing: it's time to teach you ground

3 mins body shot sparring. very difficult. first time sparring.

then head coach dropped by and went on to teach us grappling.

lots of grappling exercises involving major hip movements, legs, arms, everything.

it was nasty. I got bruises all over my arms and legs and feet and that was just from the exercise.

then comes the teaching:
take downs
counter take downs
guards
guard passing
guard passing counter
side control
side control counter
and armbar

afterwards, it's 'roll with the big guy because he knows how to roll'

it was hard. no shit i was tired but not gassed.

2 rounds no time limit

1st round:
pwned with reverse armbar after lots of rolls and stuff. he was sleeveless and well, sweat and oil accumulated, slippery/

2nd round:
pwned him with a judo throw
of course, he had his guard up, distracted him by passing
fake it, switched to knee bar
countered
wrestled some
he full side mount me
countered and me on full side mount
going for kimura
countered
he rolled over me
armbar

the end

love it

nope. we don't ^^;

11/02/07

15 mins jog
2 hours grappling. will upload some of the good vids. it has bad angles due to lacking a 3rd person to film it
30 mins heavy ass shit fuck bag work
random time bag kicks
ab work
bb curls
standing militaries
bent rows

that's it

i enjoy hanging around the MMA gym when i'm not doing anything. time flies by that's for sure. i didn't train today because i can't and body won't allow me. maybe as it goes, i can do it 3-5 times a week.

anyways, early morning is expected to have no people at the gym since it is understandable that people do have life of their own.

when a familiar face dropped by for training, trainees dropped by following one after the other. it was fun.

i am their official timer and it was great encouraging trainees to not give up even gassed out in midst of the training and all.

showed sample of ground game with me loosing from a crucifix armbar/kimura combo from the instructor. showed how it all works.

i am 170 and the 120 trainee was worried about me full mounting him, as a sample that he can roll me over just by simple adjustments to the body. he did and it felt light he says.

did some more with instructor on ground and that's it.

11/12/07

after a week of flu

leg press because rack is being gayed up
db snatch
seated calf

then went to mma gym to do abs because weight gym's sits are all occupied

then hanged out, watch other people's training, getting involved by sparring and all

talked about what happened this saturday, when a huge muscle judo/aikido guy trained with them and suddenly lifting a fellow trainee that he is completely stranger with and slammed him down and went on to 'grappling'

it was wrong and we don't approve of it. i wasn't there and they just told me about it.

130-140 guy pwned the 160-180 judoka/aikido dude who has lots of years of experience.

i dunno, but i think he is trying to show off or something. that's NOT allowed in MMA gym. very disrespectful and all that crap.

so I figured out my lifting/mma sched

monday and tuesday will be lifting
wednesday rest
thursday train
friday rest
sat train
sun rest

yeah that would work.

flu season, be careful

AND WHERE THE HELL IS PB? hmmm probably computer crashed or he moved or on vacation or something.

11/13/07

db flat
lats down
military
hyperextension

went to hang out in MMA gym and saw on of the contestant from a celebrity boxing show, who won his first fight. a southpaw and damn is he strong. an MMA-er who excels in TKD. got to talk and hang around with them. his dad was really pushing him on his training. kinda like mikey and rocky..even though they are not father and son.

maybe it would be possible for me to tag along on his fights, and they are televised and that would be something.

11/14/07

hanged out at mma gym and ended up rolling with instructor. got choked/joint locked bad.

mma gym will be helding their 1st ever amateur grappling competition in their gym and they encourage members to join.

i will join and I don't mind not winning the entire competition, just not loosing the first 2 fights and i'm good. there will be vids

11/15/07

training sucked

solution: thyroid removal.

yep, that's right. I am going to have my doctor refer me for a surgical removal of it because i am sick and tired living with it. sure, it has its advantages, but mostly disadvantages. i can't take it anymore.

thanks!

i have been busy and not posting much here.

well, i think i should start again

12/08/07
muay thai training
pads
mitts

the works.

12/10/07

ground warmup then got a major headache

rest

then muay thai pad workout
then focus mitt workout
then repeat

then take pics and vids

that is all

BOOMA said:
12/10/07

ground warmup then got a major headache

rest

then muay thai pad workout
then focus mitt workout
then repeat

then take pics and vids

that is all

has reducing your weight lifting affected your fight training noticably?
im' currently lifting a lot while still fighting a lot. i'm still relying alot on my strength/size.

i should start video taping my workouts, i think it would help me fix a lot of my problem areas.

not really. overall mma training is going stronger and stronger..meaning stronger punches/kicks/grips/throws. i feel fine really.

12/21/07

just an update

got into muay thai sparring with shin guards. not easy at all and never said it was.

also, miskicked and mid shin slammed on opponent's knee. hurts like crap. was in mid of sparring too.

vid of said miskick in mid sparring will be posted. it was my right leg..the unconditioned one, the one i can't kick right on. my left is numb and can take almost any pain.

Back