Angry Angry Angry

i'm pretty weak at benching bro.

177 is my max

have weak triceps...but currently will be hitting them after my week off. Any advice on tricep stength?

AngryMuscles said:
i'm pretty weak at benching bro.

177 is my max

have weak triceps...but currently will be hitting them after my week off. Any advice on tricep stength?

ANGRY have you tried narrow grip bench or rev bench ? When you do bench so you have a spotter?

I've tried them..but I can't get my nmbers high on those rev bench and narrow grip bench..always feel weak after doing sets of bench. I don't always have a spotter...I don't want to ask random people to do it..since I know they'll practically pull it up before I even know what the fuck is going on x.x

AngryMuscles said:
I've tried them..but I can't get my nmbers high on those rev bench and narrow grip bench..always feel weak after doing sets of bench. I don't always have a spotter...I don't want to ask random people to do it..since I know they'll practically pull it up before I even know what the fuck is going on x.x
Tell your spotter what you want - to help you when you say help and not to just pull it up. I've had a few spotters in the past just pull the damn bar up when I was still on my way up pushing.

I agree with mulli on this one, throw in closegrip bench or reverse and your tris will get huge. It doesn't matter if you can't put up big weight on it, as long as you grow, that's all that matters.

Angry, I am certainly no bench expert but since I started training hard over the last few weeks again, I found that heavy, heavy dips and military press were helping my bench no end. Busting my ass on dips after my benching and doing some mili press on another day works for me. I am also of the belief that heavy DB benching works for me too but my current gym doesn't have heavy enough DBs. Can't wait to get back down to my old gym.

07/03/06

LEGS

FRONT SQUAT
155x3(using shoulder pressing grip..fucked my wrists actually)
177x3(bars over shoulders with arms crossed..hurts my delts)

note:felt strong and easy..but balancing and holding the bar bothers me a bit both ways...help! having the bar across my shoulders is a lil new thing to get used too since I can't quite see my footing stance and all x.x

SQUAT
155x10
177x10

note:could have gotten up with more poundage and reps...but sudden stomachache fucked me up.....not good.

HACK SQUAT(old school)
177x5-5
221x3-2

felt great..but somehow couldn't get my form right. it felt awkward...help!

LEG PRESS
330x5

overall: felt really good coming back to gym. legs are worked, abs are hardened and back is not fried, which is an oh so good thing

that is all

you needed a bit of a rest like, i think i'm going ot take this week handy, may only train tomorrow and friday or saturday, we all need a break now and then especially us dedicated muscle heads hahah

yo adi! I was just givin them a try..and I found front squats to be oh so nice...can't quite "can" the hacker though.

anyways...

06/05/06
back bi

45 degree hypers
(no weight or band)

heavy abs
no weightsx20
40 pound DBx10
15kg platex10
25kg platex10
no weightx20

leg raises

BENT ROWS
155x10
177x5
200x5
200x5

REVERSE GRIP LATS
50x10
100x10
120x10
150x3 <--fucked my forearms!!!

SEATED CALF
88x10-10-10
132x10-10-10
165x10-10 <--didn't do the toe facing toe direction

EZ CURL
33x8
55x6

HAMMER CURLS
20x8
25x5

it felt alright...all in all..

I think I may have low testosterones, bros! ...can low test affect the majority of one's lift????

oh and wasn't been able to update sooner due to computer problems..

AngryMuscles said:
I think I may have low testosterones, bros! ...can low test affect the majority of one's lift????

Yes.

And good job on the rows, I'll be doing that in a few months. But I hate that excersize anyway

07/09/06

chest/tri/abs

BENCH
111x10
155x2 <---got off wrong
155x8
177x5
200x3 <------------OH IT'S TRUE!!! though, spotted on the last rep, midway up..got woobly x.x

WEIGHTED ABS
no weightsx15
15kg platex10
20kg platex10

INCLINE DB PRESS
50x5
60x5 <-------OH IT'S TRue. though spotted on the last rep midway up portion..again got wobbly.

LEG RAISES

CLOSE GRIP BENCH
111X10
133X5 <---TIRED

SIDE BEND
I suck x.x

CYBEX HAMMER SHOULDER PRESS
50X10
100X4

CABLE PUSHDOWNS
50X10
100X4