BOX SQUAT (3 steppers)
177xx3
188x3

GM
111x4
133x2

ABS
3 10 kg platesx20
2 15 kg plate and 1 10 kg platex15 <----too many plates....squeezing things...uncomfortable..but easy and felt light. any suggestions???

STANDING SMITH CALVE RAISE
200x10
265x10
305x10
275x10
419-7 <---achilles tendons felt numb ..so are my calves...

LEG RAISES

didn't do those inner/outer thigh machines...too tired.

I found out that I am weak on my squats because I am scared. I am scared of lockouts..I am scared of dumping the weight..I am scared x.x

enjoy the vids and form on 221lbs sucked. plz comment on those here. thanks again

Nice squat numbers there getting up there from where you started. You like doing all compound for the quads or else i would say throw in some leg ext's. One of my fav's for blasting those quads. Im liking all the vids your posting...once you get up to where you wanna be you can look back on your progress which is pretty cool.

thanks mano and evanns. yes mano, that is me after workout. today is chest/shoulder/tri/abs. see ya later. sadly, i forgot to bring cam. sorry xx.

09-07-06

chest/shoulder/tri/abs

BENCH with shoulder width grip and elbow tucked

111x2
133x2
155x2
177x1 <---had a hard time..almost failed
188x1 <---same

note: i hate my bench. that is all

DIPS
BWx5-5

DIPS with belt and a 2.5 kg plate stucked on it.
BWx7-5

note: when i didn't have belt around me, i was weak and had a hard time dipping, but when I had the belt, FUCKING FELT EASY and felt stronger. will try weighted dips next time.

DB PRESS
40x5-5

DB HAMMER FLOOR PRESS
45x10
50x5
60x2 <--had hard time for 3rd rep

PULLOVER
50x3-3

SKULLCRUSHERS
45x5-5

SITTED TRICEP EXTENSION MACHINE
80X3
100X3-3

SITTED TRICEP PUSHDOWN MACHINE
100x10
130x10
160x5
170x5

ABS
no weightx120.... 14 additional rep from last time so it's PR.

overall note: i hate my bench and felt it's not working for me. i've been benching for a time now and had a hard time progressing. this was the first time again that I've ever hit my triceps lot of times and with tons of diff exercise. i'm planning on dropping the bench part and replace it with dips..to strengthen my tris for a while. i feel i never get it from my bench and no reason to keep doing when it is not working.

this will be my workout for now:

DIPS
INCLINE DB
INFLINE FLYES
FLOOR PRESS
then prolly throw in some tricep workout.

also, i feel stronger with belt. why is that? is it alright to rely on belts??? won't it weaken my core??? heck, is it alright to use belt because I think i could do more dead/squats and other stuff with it around me. what's your thought on belts. thanks

that is all.

AngryMuscles said:
overall note: i hate my bench and felt it's not working for me. i've been benching for a time now and had a hard time progressing. this was the first time again that I've ever hit my triceps lot of times and with tons of diff exercise. i'm planning on dropping the bench part and replace it with dips..to strengthen my tris for a while. i feel i never get it from my bench and no reason to keep doing when it is not working.

also, i feel stronger with belt. why is that? is it alright to rely on belts??? won't it weaken my core??? heck, is it alright to use belt because I think i could do more dead/squats and other stuff with it around me. what's your thought on belts. thanks

Reaching sticking points in benching sucks for sure. Switch it to Db's and see if you progress any further with those. Start light and nail your sets and keep progress you'll be surprised with the results. I wouldnt reccomend switching the dips with the bench as i feel it works the tri's way more than pecs, at least for me. you can also try assisted reps with your spotter on the bench and for DB's and even assisted pushups and the end of your routine. Have your partner throw a towel underneath you and just go to failure with your partner helping youwith the towel. Burn the muscle out since youseem to be having a hard time with PL'ing aproach. With respect to the belts, i wouldnt rely on them. I only use a belt for deads and thats because its 350 which isnt alot compared to some, but is still heavy weight.

the thing is bro, it's my triceps that are weak. it's always been like that. I can't seem to force my damn triceps and always have early lockouts/tire out. so the dips is placed for my triceps. i don't wnt to have bench/dip together. As for the belts, I don’t like relying on those just yet. I want to hit raw on deads/squats till I can without belts/straps. It’s better that way. There was this guy at gym that said use wrist straps to strengthen your grip. I said, “won’t that be like cheating?” he said no and I went on to do my strapless BB grip workout. Also, my calves are acting up again..the old tingling weakening sensation radiating from the top head of the calves when I squat ass to grass. It is annoying and kinda makes me weak due to the tingling sensation to the fibers/nerves/muscles. I think it worsened when I got it massaged. Again, weak triceps and I’m work..now stop bothering me lol!!!

09-09-06

BACK/ABS/BI/HAMS

SUMO
200x2
243x1
265x1 <--pr
287x0 <---failed to get it up 2 times. there was a vid of this..but some damn ass smith machine hugger blocked the view...so didn't bother saving and just deleted the vid.
276x1 (belt) <--pr and a major headache and can't fucking breath afterwards. heck, I was high afterwards. now I know my lesson

T-BAR with wide handle
4 platesx10
6 platesx3-3

LATS MACHINE
100x10
130x5

ABS
2 15 kg platex20
1 50 lbs DBx10

DB CURLS
35x5-5

BICEP PULL UP

FOREARM PULL UP

DB ROW
60x5
70x5

long rest

GHR machine
25x10
35x10
55x10

all felt light..will abuse this machine more next time

was resting and nothing to do..went to those cybex chest machines..those sitted chest machine thingie.
100x10
160x10
200x10
250x1 <--lol

more rest...shower...bought 5 big ass cheeseburgers and went home.

overall note: grip was not an issue in my deads...it's more of hammie strength. the explosion from the bottom was weak. I must do something about it. can anyone suggest something??

thanks and that is all. enjoy the vids. there are 4 of them.

http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=deads

Last edited:
AngryMuscles said:
There was this guy at gym that said use wrist straps to strengthen your grip.

well tell that guy to shut the fuck up and punch him in the jaw. straps assist your grip, it wouldnt help to build it. And nice workout today. seen the sumo vid you look like your starting to get heavier too bro nice job.

With respect to the tricep issue, work them out separate from your chest days. Mine are pretty fucking strong and i still go chest/calves and hit my tri's with my bi's. That way your fresh and dont have to worry about your bench sucking cus of your tri's being shot.

Stick to all oldschool DB and BB tri stuff and they'll get stronger.

AngryMuscles said:
thanks evansss. i'm planning on adding arms workout on my cardio day, which is Monday.

try workin bi's and tri's. i used to be totally against it, tried it for the hell of it, and really enjoy training them like that.

AngryMuscles said:
oh you mean supersetting it??? any advice on those?

you can if you want but i just meant training them. check my log i worked arms today.

For super sets you can superset DB curls with skullcrushers, DB/ BB curls with any kind of cable work...really any Bi excercise with any tri excercise theres no science beyond that. The ones i used to superset were DB curls and skulls, and Preacher curls with lying kickbacks.

\m/ MANOWAR \m/ said:
Angry is that you in teh avatar? You have big eyes for an asian.

Anyway awsome squats, I will be trying 225 next week

Woo 235x2 last night ass to grass. My traps hurt!

sweet, mano. back alright? legs fried? yeah, 235 is heavy on the back. but gotta do what ya have to do ya know ^^ i'll be waiting for ya 250 on squats.

09/11/06 <--i think something happened on this date

will be doing cardio/abs/grip and a very little supersettings of bi/tri maybe 2 of each workout on those babies. it's storming here very badly and i'm in my worlplace, eating my giant-ass meat bun(no pun) and waiting for work to be over.

AngryMuscles said:
sweet, mano. back alright? legs fried? yeah, 235 is heavy on the back. but gotta do what ya have to do ya know ^^ i'll be waiting for ya 250 on squats.

Lol thanks man. I'm just trying to catch up with you :D

Anyway back is fried, legs are still very sore, ass especially. My scoliosis is hurting like shit so I'm sleeping on the floor tonight. Traps are hurting, whole body is feeling shitty. I also took 4 shits today, and gotta take another. Somethings wrong with my body. Fucking ephedrine man, never taking that garbage again

Back