pullinbigs training log.

pullinbig said:
well it could. its the testes that may be questionable. =0l

10/17/05 mon:
squats 507# 2 x 5reps, belt + knee warmers.
add/abductors hips 205# 25ea.
ghr 3 x 5reps
seated abs 110# 2 x 50reps

well we had a nice night at the gym tonight. phil harrington stopped by and squatted with us. so i got to see two 900+ squats tonight.

i also tweaked a groin again tonight. spread my stance out like a dingle berry and there she went. normally takes bout 2 weeks to heal up when i do this, very common injury for me. no big deal.
heal up PB
see it aint worth it..my stance is a lot wider than yours if i tweak a hip its months not weeks before anything can be done..I really think a loose pair of briefs are te way to go..if your numbers rise with te same gear ur getting stronger..switching to a "comp" fit pair of briefs will make ur numbers higher, no? :)

pullinbig said:
i also tweaked a groin again tonight. spread my stance out like a dingle berry and there she went. normally takes bout 2 weeks to heal up when i do this, very common injury for me. no big deal.
I know that you know better than to do that. You must really want to squat wide like us kids can.

Wonder if you would be able to squat wide if you worked hard on flexibility in that area for a year. But I suppose I shouldn't be spitting out suggestions when I don't know what the hell I'm talking about.

Be happy with the body you have and most importantly, heal up!

blackbeard said:
heal up PB
see it aint worth it..my stance is a lot wider than yours if i tweak a hip its months not weeks before anything can be done..I really think a loose pair of briefs are te way to go..if your numbers rise with te same gear ur getting stronger..switching to a "comp" fit pair of briefs will make ur numbers higher, no? :)

i spread out when suited up. just set up wrong tonight. realized it after my first rep but finished the set. i still believe in raw training. just have to narrow the stance down for heavier weights bb. if your raw strength goes up so does your equipped strength. :D

and yup wearing gear always makes your numbers go up. but you miss out on some developmemt by squatting equipped all the time. if youll notice my numbers are low when squatting raw. but i still get a good workout. most i hit raw was 650 for a dble. i have hit 625 x 5 numerous times, just cruising now. wont be long ill break out the gear. :D other than shirt work on friday all my training is raw, including a raw bench day on tuesdays to work on bottom end power.

try some raw pause squats if you wanna build those hips up. it dont take a lot of weight.

mranak said:
I know that you know better than to do that. You must really want to squat wide like us kids can.

Wonder if you would be able to squat wide if you worked hard on flexibility in that area for a year. But I suppose I shouldn't be spitting out suggestions when I don't know what the hell I'm talking about.

Be happy with the body you have and most importantly, heal up!

i do squat wider when suited up.

10/18/05 tues:
raw pause bench pinkies on the rings 315# x 1, 335# x 1, 365# x 1, 385# x 1
flat db bench 100# + average band 2 x 6reps
pull-a-parts strong band 2 x 20reps

pullinbig said:
i spread out when suited up. just set up wrong tonight. realized it after my first rep but finished the set. i still believe in raw training. just have to narrow the stance down for heavier weights bb. if your raw strength goes up so does your equipped strength. :D

and yup wearing gear always makes your numbers go up. but you miss out on some developmemt by squatting equipped all the time. if youll notice my numbers are low when squatting raw. but i still get a good workout. most i hit raw was 650 for a dble. i have hit 625 x 5 numerous times, just cruising now. wont be long ill break out the gear. :D other than shirt work on friday all my training is raw, including a raw bench day on tuesdays to work on bottom end power.

try some raw pause squats if you wanna build those hips up. it dont take a lot of weight.

i hear ya
but thats what ME day is for raw strength..i hardly ever use gear other than a belt on my heavier sets
DE day is to work your comp squat or even wider
as far as i know almost all westsiders wear gear (loose) on DE day

dont much about wsb stuff. we use some of louis ideas (who dont) but as far as ME and DE days go we dont do it and never have. squats on mondays and deads on thursday. all normally done raw less we close to a meet or specifically working on something. :D

pullinbig said:
dont much about wsb stuff. we use some of louis ideas (who dont) but as far as ME and DE days go we dont do it and never have. squats on mondays and deads on thursday. all normally done raw less we close to a meet or specifically working on something. :D

i understand and i know there more than 1 way to train..if it wasnt working for me id switch.. try something else
i may have gottena little carried away with my shirt work as i was in it every week but i plan to cut that back..

and its jsut a matter of doing a few different ME moves that will pin point what i need to work gonna stick with this rotation for now
GM Arched close stance
Low Box squat close tance
Concentric GM wide stance
Dead variation
repeat
always done semi raw-just belt/wrist wraps/possible knee sleeves

10/20/05 turs:
seated cable rows 300# 2 x 6reps
face pulls 210# 2 x 10reps
grip work, plate pinches w/10s

took it easy tonight, back side is a little beat up.

solid session bro

what are face pulls???

how do u like plate pinches I find I can do 3 10lb paltes fairly easiely but my hands at too small for 4 plates

Smallguy said:
solid session bro

what are face pulls???

how do u like plate pinches I find I can do 3 10lb paltes fairly easiely but my hands at too small for 4 plates

its a row cept pulled to the face. hits a lot of upper back.

tonight was my 1st time on plate pinches.,

pullinbig said:
its a row cept pulled to the face. hits a lot of upper back.
Hits alot of face too if you ain't careful.

pullinbig said:
tonight was my 1st time on plate pinches.,
Seeing as I am unable to "pinch" the plates, I guess that I'll write "plate holdtogethers" in my personal log. :D

mranak said:
Hits alot of face too if you ain't careful.

Seeing as I am unable to "pinch" the plates, I guess that I'll write "plate holdtogethers" in my personal log. :D

funny guy. nice work toinght, my arabian friend, mr.anak

10/21/05 fri:
floor press w/165# chain 185# x 5, 225# 2 x 5reps
standing military press 185# x 3, 225# x 3

first time doing floor presses. its a lot fuller range of motion than i thought it would be.

its been years since i have done standing militaries.

may add these two movements in for a while and see how they do

pullinbig said:
funny guy. nice work toinght, my arabian friend, mr.anak
Damn'it, people are really going to believe that I'm non-white now.

I met your Arabian friend last week I think it was. He was the one doing bench press with his feet on the bench and his ass in the air. Goofy motherfucker.

mranak said:
Damn'it, people are really going to believe that I'm non-white now.

I met your Arabian friend last week I think it was. He was the one doing bench press with his feet on the bench and his ass in the air. Goofy motherfucker.

roflmao. :D

Hey PB what are plate pinches? You got my interest peaked. Ive done the face pulls and I love the way the work the upper back. VERY nice movement. Right on hit with it. Hope the groin heals for you bro, that one can be a pisser.

floor presses look very interesting.

How did the standing military press workout? Did you completely lock out?

I remeber seeing Ferigno doing them in pumping iron, while screaming arnolds name ..lol

Did you feel it more than regular military or a hammer machine?

plate pinches you just pinch 2 or more plates together smooth sides out with your finger tips and hold them. groin will be fiine. i havedone this numerous times and it heals up in a couple of weeks. thanks

i liked the floor presses. i locked out on the militarys. which one is better i dont know. i havent done militarys since last spring and it was hammer strength then. jkust kinda messing around in the gym with some new stuff. lots of big benchers do floor presses so i gave um a shot.

Back